What We Offer
As an entrepreneur myself, I know how hard it can be to find legal services that are truly accretive to your bottom line. If it seems to you that many firms would rather focus on skimming off an ever-increasing portion of your revenue, you are not alone.
At Biek Law, I am committed to helping you grow and nurture your business. Have a legal problem that I can't help you with? I will help you find the right person for the job. My focus in all of my client matters is to become a trusted and indispensable resource for your business, even if that means just offering up some friendly advice.
I will also work with you to find a billing arrangement that meets your legal needs. In appropriate circumstances, I offer good faith estimates, flat-fee arrangements, or other hybrid solutions apart from the old standby billable hour. I will even advise you when I think the standard billable hour is probably your least-cost solution. Above all, I value predictability and transparency when it comes to billing, and I will do my best to address any pain points at the outset. Happy clients are loyal clients, and loyal clients with predictable costs are the best kind of clients: repeat clients.
Commercial Real Estate
(incl. purchase, sale, leasing, and property management)
(incl. financing, business formation, tax planning, non-profit law, etc.)
Residential Real Estate
(incl. management, landlord/tenant, zoning/code compliance, etc.)
(incl. trademark, copyright, non-disclosure, etc.)
Note: does not incl. patent law.
- Lead associate representing hedge-fund backed investor group for large mixed-use development (retail/office) including disposition (>$100mm), operational financing (>$50mm), leasing, and advising on development, zoning, and easement issues.
- Lead associate representing large corporate investor/developer of >1mm square foot office, retail/entertainment, and residential complex. Experience includes both acquisition and operational financing, leasing, management, and advising on development and easement issues.
- Lender-side representation of national banks with respect to real estate assets taken as collateral for multi-million dollar syndicated credit facilities for national and multinational corporate borrowers.
- Lead associate representing private equity group in acquisition and development planning for expansive master-planned residential community.
- B.A., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2002, with distinction, Phi Beta Kappa
- J.D., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2012, with honors
- Licensed North Carolina Real Estate Broker, 2007
- Legal Intern at The North Carolina Real Estate Commission, 2010
- Participant, Community Development Law Clinic at the UNC School of Law, 2011
- Volunteer, Habitat for Humanity
- North Carolina State Bar, 2012
- North Carolina Bar Association - Real Property Section